that was fast.

So Michael Jackson was confirmed dead at 3:15 today. My condolances to all of his family and friends, may the media leave them room to properly grieve their loss.

The thing is, I heard about his death at 2:30 today, 45 minutes before the traditional news-media confirmed it. It scares me how fast news travels sometimes. It isn't nessecarily a bad thing, we are the most informed generation in history, but it's just a strange new means of learning news. I first heard about it on Facebook, then i got a text, checked it on TMZ, confirmed it on MSNBC... and now it's finally being repoted on CNN.
Just the fact that i get my news from Facebook -a social networking site- first is a strange feeling. It's almost like we don't need the media anymore, we're back to word-of-mouth news, just thousand times faster than it used to be back in the day. I just think we're all going to have to be careful in this new world order.

Weird days.






We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell