20's

I should be writing a bill for pro euthanasia right now, and packing a ridiculous amount of things for next week, but of course I'm not. Instead I'm typing out twenty songs I've been playing over and over again this month for no particular reason (well partly because I don't want to finish this bill,) and none of them involve Michael Jackson. Sorry.


But yes, some of these like Zee Avi and Regina Spektor, I love waking up to in the mornings. They start of my day in a cheery way.

Regina Spektor's new album "Far" is so adorable. I've always loved her work.
Read the review! (http://www.prefixmag.com/reviews/regina-spektor/far/26895/)
Listen! (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105518205)


Something about her having such a rich family history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_Spektor) makes her music even more unique and special to me then it already is.
And I love how its called anti-folk. I just love it.


Others like Caves by JM and Fleet Foxes, I've been memorizing on the piano so i've been hearing those lately.

I have about 30 ish cds in the car from the library, two of which are the full John Mayer and Belle & Sebastian albums so they've been playing around my head.

The others are just an eclectic mix I've been hooked on and revisiting for no particular reason. :]

1. All 'Cause of You - The 88
2. Honey Bee - Zee Avi
3. Soft Shock - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. I'll Believe In Anything - Wolf Parade
5. Gender Bombs - The Stills
6. Letter To Noelle - Something Corporate
7. Folding Chair - Regina Spektor
8. House of Cards - Radiohead
9. Amsterdam - Peter Bjorn & John
10. Wind in the Wires - Patrick Wolf
11. No Such Thing - John Mayer
12. Quiet Houses - Fleet Foxes
13. La Llorona - DeVotchKa
14. Coney Island - Death Cab for Cutie
15. The Canals of Our City - Beirut
16. Famous Flower of Manhattan - The Avett Brothers
17. Caves - Jack's Mannequin
18. Her Tea Leaves - Iron & Wine
19. All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands - Sufjan Stevens
20. Step Into My Office, Baby - Belle & Sebastian

kelsea said... said:

June 27, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

i love when people post music!! thankss :}

starbrained said... said:

June 29, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

WOW, great list. I love Soft Shock, No Such Thing, The Canals of Our City, and House of Cards.