the old man and the seam

I love fashion.
But perhaps I should explain myself, because it isn't a label or trend love. I just admire the way that certain people just look so asthetically stunning, even in the subtlest of ways. A perfectly cut suit, a well-hung dress, an air of sophistication, a sense of fun.
And if there is any group that knows just how to pull it off, it's old men, they simply know how to wear clothing better than anyone else, be it experience or attitude or simply instinct aquired over a lifetime. So I present to you the fruits of my daily purusing of The Satorialist, my favorite source of fashion inspiration/entertainment simply because he knows that style extends far beyond the catwalk.





a mailman with some wicked kicks.






I am a fan of his blazer.




works for Ralph Lauren, not actually homeless.




a painter, and he's rocking the look.



this lighting is amazing.





this is how to ride a bike.




Good instincts usually tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out.
Michael Burke

kelsea said... said:

June 30, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

i love this!! and i totally agree.

starbrained said... said:

July 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

I'm such a fan of all of these.