15 happy things

15 things that have made me a super happy child the past few days.



15. Lush Ocean Salt Scrub

We were recommended this product by the coolest person ever. He had an afro, wore man capris, and a purple and pink checkered shirt, and smiled a lot. We asked him if we could use it as a face wash and he pulled out his license from when he was 16 and started describing to us about his “T-Zone.” He made a lot of gestures with his hand while he talked. He said “girl please” a lot. By that point, he could sell me anything and I was willing to buy it. I wish he could be my best friend.

(P.S. This is a great product.)


14. Specific song listening in socal:

Daylight-Matt and Kim, A Setting Sun-Grand Archives, A Simple Twist of Fate-The Format (Bob Dylan cover), No One Does It Like You-Department of Eagles, Beach in Hawaii-Ziggy Marley, This Simple Life-Sherwood


13. John Gildea

I love this kid. We have good texting conversations.

 

Me: Polaroid effects.

John: Oh… it sounded dirty.

Me: Lomography? Yeah it’s the study of dirty things done in the bedroom. A lot of it.

John: Hothothothothothothothothot. :D


 12. Sun Dried Tomatoes

Went to a cafe called 85 degrees in Irvine. Deliciousss.

11. The Pacific Ocean

I used to live next to it, but the sight still amazes me every time.


10. British tourists

They stood behind me. A British couple. And they said "Honey, where's the pram?" And I laughed.


9. Getty Museum


Other than finding out Chairlift was scheduled to play the next day :( I had a great time. Really really really really really good art, ranging from 13th century manuscripts to 16th century Italian portraits. Lovelovelove.

8. Obama swatting flies

:]


7. Taking of Pelham 123

Travolta still has suave.


6. Farmer's Markets


I also saw a bagpipe redheaded Irish and a mat sitting sitar player. Amazing music it was.


5. The Spanish language

I'm glad I took three years of Spanish because I was actually able to navigate my way around San Diego through the Hispanic districts/order off the menu. I liked the second one.


4. Diana F+ Lomography Camera


I just need to figure out how to use it now.

2. Twitter/ichat/skype


Yes I jumped on the bandwagon. 

twitter.com/sykchan.  ichat: stephanieykc. skype: stephanieykc.

I love it though, because I can talk/stalk Michelle Ahronovitz. Which is what I like to do all the time.


1. Southwest Airlines

They have the best flight crews. For an instance, when telling me to secure my seat belt they said, "The seat belt should be fastened like J Lo's pants, low and tight around your slender waist." Made my week.