you should have a look:


At the Atlas Obscura
" a compendium of this age's wonders, curiosities, and esoterica"


I just discovered this site, and I love it. As soon as I get around to it, I'm going to start submiting my own, and hopefully visiting some of these places as well!



"We're looking for places that expand our sense of what is possible and tell us something about ourselves, and about the wider world in which we live." -Joshua Foer and Dylan Thuras of the Atlas Obscura

AliciaLaryn said... said:

July 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Wonderful find. I've been to Marie Laveau's tomb--she was the Queen of Voodoo... very cool.

If you ever visited New Orleans (or if you plan to visit again) I recommend one of those "Haunted New Orleans"-type tours. I don't believe in any of it, but it's still interesting.

I've told people this a thousand times, but the reason that New Orleans has mausoleums like that is because when the French Quarter would flood, the cemeteries in and around it would unearth the dead bodies underneath the ground and they would float in the streets. Mausoleums were a quick fix :)

That's one of my favorite creepy tidbits of information.