Long time no post?

I think we should revamp this again. Because I miss this...
So I'll first start off with saying: hello again!
I don't really know what to put as the first post (in a very long time), so maybe I'll just start off with a playlist of songs I've been into lately as well as a book or two and some films.

I mean, there's kinda no point to this blog.. I feel like tumblr has taken over and made everything simple (reblogging and such), but I don't get as much satisfaction out of that than I do actually writing and posting what's been on my mind. PLUS, I kinda get to stay in touch with Sami so that's always a good thing! :)

For the next post, I plan on writing (with pictures!) some places in Berkeley that are super dee-dooper fantastic that everyone should visit for food and fun. So stay tuned!

June playlist
1. Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead
2. Oslo In The Summertime - Of Montreal
3. Some Constellation - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
4. My Moon My Man (Feist Remix) - Boys Noize
5. My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
6. Towards The Sun - Alexi Murdoch
7. Happy Hour - Tin Hat Trio
8. Leaves In The River - Sea Wolf
9. Comme Ci, Comme Ca, Tout Ca - Jo Basile & His Orchestra
10. Mightiest of Guns - A.A. Bondy
11. Feetlips - Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire
12. I Wanna Know Now (Bob Marley/MGMT) - Xaphoon Jones
13. Candy Says - The Velvet Underground
14. Don't Let Me Fall In Love With You! - Teitur
15. For Emma (Bon Iver feat. Eau Claire Memorial Jazz Band, Version) - Justin Vernon
16. Mushaboom (w. Spleen, Feist cover) - Bright Eyes
17. My Melancholy Baby - Al Bowlly
18. Biggie Smalls - Starfucker
19. Cool Yourself - Thao & the Get Down Stay Down
20. La Llorna - Beirut

Uhhhhhh. I've been reading this for fun (and for information:)



I don't expect anyone to like it.. It's more of a textbook and research novel than it is an actual novel.

I'm also midway through Dave Egger's Zeitoun, which is fantastic. And I just finished Barbery's The Elegance of The Hedgehog which was a very fun read.. although the best book of summer so far has to be Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Glibert which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

As for movies:



Saw this yesterday. It's an Italian movie, a little slow (but hey, that's the beauty of foreign films). It's one of those movies where after you watch it, you feel really really really tired because the main character is really really really tired. And you also never want to grow old and die. It's one of those films.



Please, Please Me - Saw at the Sacramento French Film Festival. Honestly, one of my favorite foreign movies I have ever seen. (The other being Grave of the Fireflies... which isn't your typical cartoon.) It's ex the gushy smiley faces, and more about war and death and survival and love. It's semi-autobiographical, anti-war based, and was compared to Schnidler's List. The first time I watched this I was ten and I kinda just busted out crying. It truly initiated my interests in international relations, peace and justice. Just... just watch it.



Mmmm... that's it for now.