on a side note

I really miss Hong Kong.
I mean, really really really miss it.

Of course I go back every other year but this year was a no go since I have to stay home and start on college things.
But still. I'm missing the sights, the smells, the tastes, very much.

It's one of those places where it's not your home, but it feels like your second home. I can remember my grandparen'ts apartment exactly as it is. The smell of my grandma's perfume in her room, the way the lights bounced off the pink curtains, the way the window next to her bed curved, how my grandpa's room is always cold, the tv showing old chinese operas, the view of the ocean from the window, AHHHH there's so much to write here but I can't describe them all.

Here's a little glimpse of where I grew up.
Heng Fa Chuen:




You're really not seeing much. Heng Fa Chuen is second to last on the MTR map. Hong Kong is divided into little 'provinces' almost like little cities, where there are sights to see and things to do at each one. The blue line at the bottom of the map is the Island Line, which is the one Heng Fa Chuen is located and where we traveled the most.






But if you do ever have a chance to visit Hong Kong, here are some of the places where you should visit. This isn't a very long list at all, keep in mind, there is a lot more to see. I'm not going to type out the description but look up for yourself some of the places if they seem interesting to you:


Ocean Park:



Victoria's Peak



Lantau Island:





Golden Palace:





Hong Kong Museum of History






Hui Lau Shan (Located just about everywhere, this is the dessert booth for weary travelers. Best desserts I have ever had in my life- and no, nothing with chocolate. It started off as an herbal tea shop, but now not. Everything is fresh fruit, red bean, mango pudding, sago, sesame, or try something a little more traditional like kwai ling go otherwise known as tortoise jelly... you can tell I love this place because it's the most I've written on this post so far. A MUST GO.)




Pacific Place Mall



The Peninsula Hotel for an afternoon English style tea (UK originally took over HK, hence the influences)





Aberdeen





Macau is a hop, skip, and a jump away so take a ferry and visit it too!





Take a ride on the double decker trams everywhere





Or just walk the streets. There are always fresh foods (and when I mean fresh, sometimes they would kill chickens right in front of you) at the markets, tons of trinkets to buy, a bakery on every street, and a mix of people, from men in $5,000 business suits walking next to a women with a straw hat, ripped pants, and sandals. It's the old and new world combined, great for people watching and exploring.